How It Works
- Fill your online cart with local produce and goods from our curated list of local farms and producers. Check out and pay by credit card for a contactless process. Order by 6pm on Sunday night! We stop taking orders then so the farmers can start preparing orders for pick-up. We start taking orders on Tuesday afternoon for the following week pick-up.
- Orders will be packed by the farmers on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. Wednesday order pickup will be between 12:30pm-3:30pm at New Hope Church, 7200 Freedom Blvd, Aptos. Thursday order pickup will be between 4:30pm-6pm at Live Oak Grange, 1900 17th Ave, Santa Cruz.
- For a $10 fee, we also have door-to-door delivery service for addresses in the greater Santa Cruz area (from Watsonville to Scotts Valley) on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and the greater Monterey area (between Marina and Carmel) on Thursdays only. Deliveries will be made on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons between 12-5pm. Note: if we don't deliver to your particular zip code but you think we should, please email us at the Feedback link at the bottom right of the page.
- The service fee of $7.50 at check out covers the cost of maintaining the website and paying for workers at the pick-up location. This also allows for 100% of product sales to go back to the farmer.
- Please bear with us as we develop, ours is a brand new system and we're giving it our best shot! And please share your feedback so we can continue to improve!
The goal of EatLocal.farm is to connect consumers directly with fantastic local farms producing the tastiest food that is healthy, environmentally friendly and equitably produced, and to give them an additional opportunity to support these great organizations buy buying directly from them. The site is run by a handful of local farmers who are well connected to many of the other great farmers and food producers in the area, and we've worked hard to curate a great list of farm products available through our program.
The prices listed on the site are set by the farmers themselves, and EatLocal.farm passes through 100% of the list price on to the farmer.
It's the responsibility of the customer to show up on time, so please make sure you show up to pick up your order! Any boxes that are not picked up by the end of day are considered a donation for those in need. We are continuing to update pick-up options to accommodate customers so please stay tuned!
At checkout, the customer pays a small convenience fee to help pay for the EatLocal.Farm website, consumable goods like bags and PPE, and pay the employees doling out the food. That's all there is to it!
Lastly, please keep in mind that this is a program in its infancy, so please bear with us as we get through the hiccups. And if you have ideas for improvement, please let us know via the Feedback button below!